The HydraFacial is a multistep facial treatment typically performed with a proprietary machine (HydraFacial MD). In one session, estheticians can use the HydraFacial to cleanse, exfoliate, extract, and deliver a variety of rejuvenating serums. It’s become an in-demand service because it creates an instant “wow factor” in terms of brightening and firming skin. People can get treatment before a big event or regularly to maintain skin health.
Quite similar to another treatment called microdermabrasion . Hydrafacial device uses an exfoliating tip paired with suction to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your face. As the skin is exfoliated, serums are then infused.
There are three steps in the HydraFacial treatment and it is recommended to stop using prescription creams for a few days before the treatment to avoid irritation.
Here are the three steps involved in a HydraFacial:
- Cleanse and Peel – Resurfaces the skin through exfoliation. Removing dead skin cells and impurities from the outer layers.
- Extract and Hydrate – The tip gets the gunk out of pores while delivering topical moisturizers simultaneously.
- Fuse and Protect – Which may include reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, dull skin, or enlarged pores. The treatment is entirely customizable through these “boost” serums, which is a major perk for patients.
There is no downtime and the entire treatment lasts 30 minutes.
It is expected to have a little redness immediately following the treatment, but it will quickly subside
The HydraFacial is appropriate for all skin tones, according to the company. But you should avoid a HydraFacial if you have an active rash, sunburn, or rosacea.
Pregnant women should also skip it.
One of the many reasons why the HydraFacial is so popular is because there are minimal side effects, and essentially no downtime post-treatment. In addition, Hydrafacial can also be used to complement other procedures. It is highly customizable and suitable for most skin types. To achieve the best results, it is best to speak to a certified and experience doctor.
After a HydraFacial treatment, you will notice immediate results. Skin will feel smoother, softer, and more hydrated as a result of the exfoliating acids and hydrating ingredients used.
The use of nutrient-rich serums may also temporarily plump up fine lines and wrinkles, lessening their appearance.
It is recommended to incorporate at-home skincare after a HydraFacial as follow:
- Do not wash your face, shower, or work out to produce sweat for at least 6 hours post peel.
- No chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or dermaplaning for 2 Weeks.
- May have flaking after treatment, and may last for 1-2 days. These are just additional dead skin cells that were released by the chemical peel.
- Do not pick at the peeling, except to remove the loose flakes.
- Cease use of Vitamin C and other chemical exfoliants for 2 days post-treatment.
- Using sunscreen following treatment is mandatory sunscreen for at least 5-7 days following your treatment.
- Refrain from prolonged and direct sun exposure or tanning beds for up to 2 weeks.
- It’s best to avoid makeup following the treatment, but it is fine to do the next day. Using mineral make-up is preferred.