Energy-based treatments are nonsurgical procedures that are done with a device that focuses on the use of energy to heat the tissue. Two broad types of energy-based treatments are the use of radiofrequency and laser energy in genital rejuvenation.
Both RF and laser treatment heat up the tissues and are well tolerated. They can be performed in a clinic setting, often by a nurse or physician’s assistant under the guidance of a board-certified plastic surgeon.
• You will instructed to stop taking blood thinners medications (NSAIDS).
• If you smoke, you will be asked to stop smoking at least two weeks before.
• Wearing loosest panties as much as possible.
• Avoid stressful activities like heavy exercises 1 week before.
• Eat healthy, and drink plenty of water in the days leading up to the procedure.
• It is highly recommended that you trim/shave your pubic hair prior the procedure.
• Immediately prior to leaving home for the clinic, you will be required to light a shower and thoroughly clean it.
Energy-based treatments can be done in your doctor’s office. Little, if any, anesthetic is used during the procedure. Patients can typically continue with their day without downtime.
Depending on the type of energy-assisted treatment, experience may differ slightly.
Side effects of vaginal rejuvenation with RF-energy can include redness, swelling, tenderness, spotting, cramping, and discharge.