You are what you eat, believe it or not. Expensive scrubs, masks and creams won’t fix breakouts if it is the inside that’s trying to get you to know it’s in the red zone alert.
What goes on internally usually shouts out from the outside and skin is a channel for which our bodies are trying to tell us that we are not paying enough attention to what we put in our bodies.
Research has revealed that incorporating low-glycemic and protein-rich foods can help improve acne problems. So read on to find the top 7 foods that help zap off the breakouts.
- Kale, being the most nutrient-dense superfood. Packed with vitamin A, B-6, C, and K, calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, and manganese. The antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals perfectly balance and reduces hyperpigmentation. Whilst vitamin c, the main source of repair and promote collagen formation and lightens acne scars with a higher cell turnover rate.
- Lemon, the citrus peel is a top free radical blocker! As long as you include the peel, it could work like magic from the protective and anti-carcinogenic effects. Increasing collagen production and lighten acne scars.
- Berries, the beauty of fruits. Don’t let their miniature size fool you! High in antioxidants and vitamins, berries are not only the secrets to beautiful skin that creates a shield against blotchy skin and added attack against dark spots. It is also beneficial to our overall health improving brain health, lower cholesterol, maintain a healthy blood sugar level, regulated our bowel movements, and can help to reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Papaya, another must-have for beautiful and healthy skin! Papain, a digestive enzyme in papaya is great as it exfoliates dead skin, reducing dull appearance, unclog pores, lightens acne scars, hydrates our skin, and can prevent possible future breakouts. Not just from the surface but from within, papaya Can improve our skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles! Densely packed with vitamin A, C, and K. B vitamins, folate, potassium, magnesium and calcium! So don’t forget to add them to your diet for softer, smoother, and glowing skin.
- Quinoa, another superfood easily added to your daily intake! It clears out toxins from your body which can result in clearer skin and lessen dark spots. Pick up a pack of this fiber-rich option!
- Salmon. A great source of omega-3 fatty acids that protects your skin from sun damage. Packed with antioxidants, protein, B vitamins, potassium and selenium. Other alternatives include sardines, mackerel, and anchovies
- Pumpkin. More than just a season, there are loads more to this than just pies and lattes! Loaded with amazing enzymes, zinc, alpha hydroxy acids, pumpkin restores our skin’s pH balance while it regulates our amount of oil secretion.