Vaginal bleaching also called “vaginal lightening” or “intimate area lightening” is the lightening of the labia or general bikini area. The discoloration or darkening of the region can be a result of various reasons such as aging, hormonal imbalance, or genetics.
The most common methods to whiten the intimate areas are Laser or Chemical use.
The use of laser aims to permanently remove darker colored tissues in the vaginal area, or even in the perineum. This can remove the melanin which is the cause of darkening. Typically administered under local anesthesia. Chemical bleaching agents similar to those used to minimize the appearance of hyperpigmentation
Pre-treatment care during the anal or vaginal bleaching treatment is an important step.
• Moisturize the area regularly with natural oils.
• Avoid using hair removal cream on the area.
• Avoid waxing
• Discontinue the use of any other bleaching creams you might be using.
• Start applying antibacterial lotions recommended by your doctor, a week before the treatment.
• Fill in all your prescriptions in advance
• The entire procedure should take approximately 45 minutes.
• Local anesthesia is administered to the anal area via microinjections to minimize pain.
• A handheld laser is placed close to the surface of the vagina.
• Laser beams are targeted at the vaginal area which targets melanin.
• Cooling creams are applied to soothe the skin once completed.
In the post-operation period, special care should be given to hygienic care of the area, and it is recommended that you abstain from sexual intercourse for about 3-4 days.
Typically, no significant downtime and normal activities may be resumed. However, there are still a few care measures that must be followed religiously. Note, do avoid strenuous activities for about a week or so.
Here are a few general guidelines:
• Always wear the recommended undergarment by the doctor.
• Keep the area dried.
• Take antibiotics regularly
• Apply all the topical medications regularly.
• In the case of any discomfort, visit the doctor immediately.
• Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
• Avoid wearing uncomfortable fabrics and stick to cotton and silk.
The result may vary from person to person depending on your skin tone and the number of sessions. Results tend to be permanent and may not require maintenance treatment.
There may be, but a very low risk of bleeding or infection, some scarring, increased irritation, skin sensitivity may be some side effects.